Professional development, networking, and resources tool developed specifically for NY State Special Education Directors.
New York Special Education (NYSE) Directors is a dynamic networking and resources tool designed specifically for New York State Special Education Directors and Administrators. NYSE Directors combines the functions of a networking and communications medium with an online document library that delivers current and searchable resources.
A network of colleagues is one of the most useful resources for staying informed, but occasions for networking are not always easy to come by. With NYSE Directors' networking and communications tools, Special Education Administrators can easily access and contribute to the collective wisdom of their field. It's never been easier to share the latest information, brainstorm new approaches to old problems, or run ideas by a panel of knowledgeable colleagues.
In addition, an online message forum provides a searchable knowledge base of questions and answers submitted by fellow special education professionals. Whatever special education question you may have, the odds are that another Special Education Administrator has asked it already, and received a number of good answers.
Virtually all the most important information a Special Education Administrator needs is gathered and organized in NYSE Directors. The tool provides monthly reviews of legal decisions impacting professional practice, links to important governmental and organizational sites, and information about available programs, position openings, upcoming events, and assistive technology devices.
NYSE Directors is, quite simply, the most convenient and collegial way for New York State Special Education Directors to stay up to date on the latest developments in their field.
Features and Benefits:
- Most comprehensive and up-to-date online document library specifically for New York State special education professionals.
- The "Attorneys' Corner" provides summaries of recent Federal and State Court decisions, SRO determinations and Impartial Hearing results with implications concerning District practice. Legal briefs are provided on issues related to special education in New York State and other critical documents on hot topics and concerns published by a panel of attorneys.
- Directory of educational programs including complete and current information on every program's setting, availability, type of disability, appropriate age and grade range, and cost.
- Listing of upcoming special education-related events throughout New York State, including training programs, roundtables, directors meetings, workshops, and seminars.
- Career opportunities, with complete job descriptions and contact information.
- Personnel recommendations - the invaluable firsthand testimony to fill any position, along with each candidate's specialization, phone number, and email address, plus the name of the person making the recommendation.
- Available "Assistive Technology" devices listed by districts that are available for acquisition by other districts in the service of children.
- Links to relevant federal and state websites, disability associations, and professional associations that provide necessary information relevant to special education professionals.